Things to know about your Facebook Page
Facebook can be confusing to use and even more confusing to master. I often get clients asking "Whats the difference between a fan and a friend?" and "What does it mean if someone is a fan of my Facebook page?"or "How can I engage my clients better with Facebook?"
This post should help you under stand what a Facebook fan page is, what you should use it for, and mostly how to keep up with it without it consuming you.
We will go over 3 basic things you should know about your Facebook page and instructions on how do do them, but first you should know the difference between a page and a profile. A profile is a Facebook user that has friends, people add you as a friend and you can post to their wall and comment on their photos. A page (which is what we recommend to our clients) is a place where fans of your business can come and write about you and the area you rent to, a page can also allow you advertise allot easier than a profile can.
So you have set up your page, now what?
1. Say something: making sure that you have all of your information filled out can go a long way to helping people find you on Facebook. To edit your page information all you have to do is go to your page and click the edit page button in the top right hand corner. Then select the "basic information" tab from the left hand menu and start typing! Just remember this is about your business not you personally so do not fill in any personal details.
2. Make your self an admin: if you have a Facebook profile you can be an admin of your page so you don't even have to log into your business page account to post on your Facebook page this come in handy if you have 3 or 4 people helping with the page and you don't want to be kicked out of the page while you are in the middle of doing something because someone else logged in.
To make someone an admin all you do is
-make sure they are a fan of the page already
-click the edit page button on the top right hand side of your page
-select the Manage Admins tab
-enter the persons email address
-save your changes
3. Look at how you are doing! On the right hand side of your Facebook page there is a box of things only an admin will see on the page. It has tons of useful information about your page and who has been looking at it, how old they are, what they like, and other cool things like that!
All you need to do is...
- click the view insights tab on the right hand side of the page.
- That will take you to a page with a graph of your active users on Facebook like this one shown here.
- Click to see details and it will show you in depth details about your fans, how, and when they look at your page!
Hope you enjoyed reading this blog. Be on the look out for more great Facebook innovations from VRM for our clients.
If you have any comments or questions post them in the comments below!